Thursday, January 22, 2009

So I kinda lost it there, sorry.


I set my expectations too high for this album, but let me be clear, Two Tongues is great. To enjoy this album though, you need to let it grow, water it with a few listens, and it will blossom into a surprising debut that will stick to you and leach your attention towards great songs such as Tremors, Crawl, Silly Game, and Try Not To Save Me.

The problem I have is that I'm not a fan of one part of this duo. Chris Conley is capable of much better and he doesn't absorb 1/4th as much of the sunlight Max Bemis bathes in. Conley isn't horrible though, as Try Not To Save Me is a epic near album end closer that really shows off his ability. Bemis shows again he can do no wrong and Two Tongues just gets me more excited for another Say Anything release.

Tremors
is an amazing track that has been playing through my head months before release, and with now finnaly being able to hear the whole song, I'm sure it wont be leaving anytime soon.
It contains some of the most close to home lyrics I've ever heard, which is somewhat depressing, but that's what Max does best, connect with his audience.

Many people have been saying "this should have been a EP", but I cant think of any tracks to remove from the album other then the pointless interlude 8 minutes into the album. They are all relatively ranging from good to great to amazing, but with this duo, there should have been alot more of that amazing goodness.

Concluding, Two Tongues is an example of something different you don't normally see in the current music scene, and while not living up to immense hype set up by many, remains a great solid album.

4.3/5

Reccomended Songs: Try Not To Save Me, Tremors, Silly Game

Might get a raise, Yay?
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqr3aM-oxc

No comments:

Post a Comment