Friday, December 19, 2008

Today will be boring, so lets talk about yesterday, Fall Out Boy, Banjo.

Was too tired yesterday to actually attempt to write anything here yesterday night after coming home from a really awesome day, and today will suck because snow storm weather prevents me and most people from doing anything fun or productive, so I might as well discuss the contents of yesterday.

Its was great. Basically sums it all up really nicely, hopefully my clan tryout was a good one, or else I will cry. I'm burning my only purple shirt because the colour now makes me very, very angry, and jizzing in your pants, is a pretty common occurrence in some peoples lives. Every minute.



I didn't get to purchase the actual physical copy of the disc yesterday, mostly because I'm a cheap bastard and I'd rather buy a blue sweater from HnM that barely counts as warm clothing.

After many listens, I've had all the time I needed to soak this catchy album into my eardrums.
The Chi town boys have yet again produced an album that I'm glad to figuratively add to my collection. A follow up to their their second major record release, " Infinity on High ", Fall Out Boy has yet again made great strives to mature their sound from their pop-punk Take This To Your Grave days to the pop soulful sounds that many new listeners know them as now.

Their first single "I Dont care" that received a lukewarm reaction from many of the bands fans, is part of a three part killer intro. Disloyal Order of Water Buffalos could be one of the greatest anthems Fall Out Boy has created, with its comments on the current music scene perfect boys/ with their perfect lives/ nobody wants to hear you sing about tragedy. Really rings a bell with this avid music listener and the total surplus of non-original garbage you can find on a Myspace page. I dont care what you think/ aslong as its about me is the most memorable line from the song I don't care, a self indulgent tune that sticks with you. Negative or positive opinions of this band, you really are just helping keep them in the spotlight (mark hoppus in the music video, who would have thought?). She's my Winona, not exactly music chart single material, finishes off the intro with one of my favorite lines off the record, Life's just a pay stub on death/Only less diligent, but in my opinion, one of the weaker songs on the album. Not a bad song, just doesnt shine as much as the rest of the record, with spontaneously ending with a clapping segment to continue the chorus that I'm not really fond of.

Track number 4, their next single, Americas Suitehearts, will definitely be receiving love from much music, Mtv(if they still play music), and radio, just for the epic chorus, Let's hear it for America's sweethearts/But I must confess/I'm in love with my own sins really shows the amazing progress Patrick Stump has made with his voice and If he decides to go solo, I won't spite him for it.

The only problem i can really point out with this album, is the ordering of the songs. What a catch Donnie would make a perfect closing song. featuring guest performances from William Beckett, Travis McCoy, and mother fucking ELVIS COSTELLO but the problem is it's stuck in the middle of the album. West Coast Smoker, while a great song, does not do a suitable job of closing such a great album, at least not a good enough job as What a Catch would.

Fall Out Boy has given a great reason for fans wanting the early days of TTTYG to stop whining. Their sound right now totally bulldozes all their past efforts while still producing a foundation for them to grab on, as long as they aren't one genre elitists.

Reccomended Songs: 20 Dollar Nose Bleed, Disloyal Order of Water Buffalos, Tiffany Blews, America's SuiteHearts.

Dear Nuts and Bolts: I really wanted to like you, I really Did. Trust me, I loved your past efforts Didn't I? and I loved you for a good five or six hours until I hit a brick wall. I was doing the same repetitive missions in the same levels and environments over and over. Sure, I loved making grotesque cubic race cars with twenty or so engines powering its ass, but you know nutty acres? Been there, done that, four times before. Why are my efforts being rewarded with recycled environments? how many times do I need to race through checkpoints in the same level for humba wumba before I get bored out of my mind? four times. exactly four. I much preferred Hub world, using platforming to find new parts for my car. finding new ways to approach different areas, while enjoying what I'm exploring. Much like the Banjo - Kazooie and Tooie, the game is hilarious, but that's not enough to save me from slightly regretting my purchase. At a budget price, I am thankful, and maybe I will revisit the game someday, but for now, I'm pissed.

Done for now. I'll rant about home and how stupid Sony is some other day. Basement tomorrow, and I am HYPED. So hyped I might jizz in my pants. Oops, too late.

Recommended Listening: "You are My Sunshine" Copeland

3 comments:

  1. LMAOOOOOO richard i am definitely putting you on my favourites haha. your blogs are hilarious. as you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh & btw this is nikki :) i just finished my blog layout today so yeahhhh...i'll start too! but not as nearly as funny as you though. i get what you mean by working on ur english, but boy is your vocab big. i think you'd be an awesome columnist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BANJO AND KAZOOIE!!!!
    i love that game.
    <3

    ReplyDelete